Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fabulous Finds






Welcome everyone~ Blogging is new to me~ I am enjoying reading everyone's beautiful blogs-



First~ I need photography lessons! What gorgeous photos I have seen. My photography expertise is linens- They don't move and against a black background, you can't miss.


So, I have decided to do a weekly post on my favorite subject~~Vintage Linens~~ I will post my weekly finds~ I am fortunate to work with a friend doing estate clean outs and I go to estate sales here in New York.

It is the thrill of the hunt! My latest find ~~ A beautiful French linen Trousseau collection. Monogrammed French linen sheets, pillowcases, fringed show towels and napkins. All stored for years and never used.



2 comments:

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Carolyn, these are beautiful! And one with my initials (MB)! I just love vintage linens. Would be interested in your tips for soaking (Biz?). I have some white tablecloths that I picked up at a yard sale and need to remove a few stains.

New York Vintage Linens said...

Hi Melissa
Thanks!
Stain removal on a white tablecloth- it all depends on the fabric. If it is linen or cotton, I like Oxy Clean. The key to getting stains out is soaking and more soaking. If the tablecloths are heavily stained you may need to change the water and Oxy a few times- Use very hot water too.
I would never use Oxy on anything delicate, lacy or with metallic accents ( the Oxy will remove the metallic- ie vintage Christmas tablecloths) Some linen will turn grayish with Oxy too, so use with caution. Good Luck!
Carolyn